The season of AP Exams is coming up fast! I am currently taking AP World History, and I am well into my test preparation.
It can be quite daunting to think about all of the information and specific testing strategies that you must remember for the exam, so here are some study tips that have been helping me.
- Give yourself enough time to study. While already dealing with the stress of preparing, you want to make sure that you give yourself enough time to effectively go over everything and not feel totally overwhelmed. Make a plan for how much you will study each day, so you can spread it out over the next few weeks.
- Highlight. Color coding sections in your notes or the review book makes it easier to go back and see the main ideas. It also is much more interesting and stimulating to your brain than a regular textbook page when there is lots of color.
- Take a break. Remember to build in you-time during study sessions. It is easy to fry the brain, not only making studying miserable, but also inhibiting you from retaining information. Take a five-minute yoga break, or go get a snack to stay energized.
- Make it fun. Studying does not have to be a chore. Go to the library with friends, make up lyrics to remember place names, or put on some Taylor Swift to help you get things done without draining yourself.
- Take practice tests. You probably know more than you think you do! Do not stress yourself out by overestimating, or underestimating, the difficulty and depth of the test questions. Find out what you are up against and then figure out a battle plan.
I hope these tips help you. Happy studying!